My Protein Snack
Protein Pumpkin Waffles
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 c pumpkin puree
- 3 scoops of vanilla protein powder
- 1 banana
- 1/4 c flax meel
- 1/3 flour
Makes approx 8 waffles
1. Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl with a blender or whisk until all the ingredients are combined.
2. Heat waffle maker and spray with cooking oil. Acid the per waffle.
3. Cook to desired amount.
4. Enjoy with peanut butter, syrup or yogurt.
• If too dry acid more pumpkin puree or egg white to make it hillier.
* If too wet, add a little more flour.
- Pumpkin packs in healthy amounts of vitamin K, A, C and E as well as potassium and magnesium. Pumpkin is also an excellent source of carotenoids (beta-carotene). These vitamins are impor-tant for skin health and help prevent against cancer.
- Be creative and feel free to add acid nuts to your protein mix or add hemp or chia seeds for an added omega-3 boost!
- Make a bit batch and freeze them for protein snack when you’re short for time. Just pop them in the freezer and you’re good to to!