Hummus makes a great dip for raw veggies or spread in wrap
- 1 c chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 2 gloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp Orange juice (fresh squeezed)
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 2 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Fresh parsley
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender or mini food processor and puree until smooth.
*Serves to large (men) or 20 small (women) servings.
- Hummus is a middle-castern spread typically made of ground chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice and garlic.
- Its a nutrient-rich, high in finer, and makes for an awesome spread, dressing or sauce.
- To add extra flacopur while reducing the strong garlic taste, sub-stitute fresh garlic with dic of roasted garlic.
- Because hummus is made of chickpeas, it is predominantly a carb. This is a “light” version, since hummus typically has a lot of olive oil, but I’ve substituted orange juice to make it less calorie dense.